Spaghetti gets cooked in red wine in this quick pasta dish that comes together in under half an hour.
What You Will Need
- 1⁄4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1⁄4 tsp. kosher salt, plus more as needed
- 1⁄8 tsp. red chile flakes
- 1 bottle (750 ml.) sangiovese
- 1 lb. spaghetti
- 1⁄4 cube beef bouillon
- 2 tsp. finely chopped oregano
- 2 finely chopped parsley
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- In a large, high-sided skillet, add the oil, garlic, salt, and chile flakes. Heat over medium-high, stirring occasionally, until the garlic is softened and just beginning to brown, about 3 minutes. Pour in the red wine (stand back as the liquid may splatter) and bring to a rapid boil.
- Meanwhile, season the boiling water generously with salt. Add the spaghetti and cook for 2 minutes.
- Transfer the spaghetti to the pot with the boiling red wine, and add the bouillon and 1 teaspoon of the oregano; cook, stirring occasionally with tongs, until the spaghetti is tender, 6-8 minutes.
- Transfer the pasta to a platter and top with the remaining oregano and the parsley. Serve immediately.