In this simple, savory-skewing spritz from Primrose in Las Vegas, bianco vermouth (dry vermouth’s slightly sweeter sister) shines next to bittersweet gentian liqueur, the two balancing one another while bubbles lighten and lift, yielding a refreshing, almost savory drink. If you’re looking to familiarize yourself with the bianco category, Contratto Bianco is a great place to start; its soft acidity and complex flavor profile (think aloe, cinnamon, bay leaf, and carob) make it perfect for incorporating into cocktails or even sipping straight.
- ¾ oz. (1 Tbsp. plus 1½ tsp.) Salers Aperitif
- 1¼ oz. (2 Tbsp. plus 1½ tsp.) chilled bianco vermouth
- 1 oz. (2 Tbsp.) chilled club soda
- 2 oz. (¼ cup) chilled prosecco
- Dehydrated lemon wheel or a wide strip of lemon peel, for garnish
- Small edible flower, for garnish (optional)