This classic, sweet-tart Hawaiian dressing gets a peppery kick from ground up papaya seeds. Drizzle over baby lettuce or papaya flesh.
Featured in: Put Papaya Seeds in Your Salad Dressing
- 1⁄2 cup tarragon vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 1 1⁄2 tsp. dry English mustard
- 3⁄4 tsp. kosher salt
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 tbsp. papaya seeds (from about 1/2 papaya)
- 1/2 large shallot, minced
- In a blender, combine the vinegar with the honey, mustard, and salt. With the machine one, slowly drizzle in the olive oil until the dressing is emulsified.
- Add the papaya seeds and shallot, and pulse until the seeds are coarsely chopped. Pour the dressing into a bottle and close. Refrigerate the dressing for up to 2 weeks.