Classically Roman, this garlicky pasta dish—as interpreted by Nick Anderer of Maialino and Marta in New York City—is brightened with pepperoncino and a handful of vibrant parsley. It gets a hit of salt from grated Grana Padano and roundness from extra-virgin olive oil.
- 8 oz. spaghetti
- 1 pepperoncino (small red chile)
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup plus 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Small handful chopped Italian parsley
- 1⁄4 cup plus 1 Tbsp. freshly grated Grana Padano or Parmigiano Reggiano