Roasted cherries appear in three ways in this twist in an Old Fashioned—in cherry infused-vodka, muddled at the bottom, and thrown on top as a garnish.
For the cherry-infused vodka:
- 1 cup pitted cherries, quartered
- 1 cup vodka
For the cocktail:
- 1⁄2 tsp. demerara sugar
- 1 roasted cherry, plus 1 halved, for garnish
- 2 oz. cherry-infused vodka
- 1⁄4 tsp. Amaro di Angostura
- 1⁄4 tsp. Luxardo Maraschino Liqueur
- 5 dashes Miracle Mile Forbidden Barrel Aged Bitters
- Tarragon sprig, for garnish
- For the vodka, combine cherries and vodka in a bottle; cover, and let sit to meld the flavors for 3-5 days.
- To make the cocktail, muddle sugar and 1 roasted cherry in a rocks glass until the sugar has dissolved; add vodka, Amaro, Maraschino, and bitters and stir. Add 1 large ice cube and garnish with half a roasted cherry and the tarragon.