Potato Salad with Herring
The key to this potato salad is its powerful ingredients: Cured herring and bracing red wine vinegar give each bite a pop of flavor. Boulud will just as soon toss in mackerel, sardines, or anchovy, so feel free to swap in your preferred seafood.
Featured in: Don’t Mess with Lyon
- 1 lb. fingerling potatoes
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped white onion
- 2 tbsp. finely chopped chives
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp. white wine
- 2 cured herring fillets cut into 1/2-inch pieces (about 5 oz.)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- In a medium saucepan, cover the potatoes with water and boil until tender, 15 minutes. Cool slightly, then slice into 1-inch pieces.
- Toss potatoes in a large bowl with remaining ingredients and serve warm.