This tart and tropical fruit pavlova recipe comes to us from Paris chef Alexia Duchêne. She typically serves the dish individually plated. If you prefer a family-style presentation, arrange the meringues on a serving platter or bowl and layer with the fruit and yogurt cream. Stored in an airtight container, leftover meringues will keep for up to 2 weeks.
This recipe is adapted from Duchêne's cookbook, La Cuisine D’Alexia: Mes Recettes & Conseils Pour Cuisiner Comme une Cheffe à La Maison.
Featured in "The 26-Year-Old Chef Leading a New Wave of French Cuisine."
- 3 large egg whites
- 1 cup plus 1 Tbsp. superfine sugar, divided
- 1⁄2 cup plus 2 Tbsp. confectioners’ sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tsp. potato starch
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy cream
- 3 1⁄4 cups plain full-fat yogurt
- 8 medium kiwis (2 lb. 4 oz.), peeled and coarsely chopped
- Fresh dill, for garnish
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling