30-Second Sesame Sauce
Dunk grilled meats or freshly cut crudite into this sweet-and-salty dip.
This sesame sauce is assertive without overpowering the fresh vegetables or meats being dunked into it. Toasted sesame paste, a widely used ingredient in Chinese cuisine, lends it an intensely earthy aroma that’s subdued by creamy Greek yogurt, which also lightens the texture.
- ¼ cups toasted sesame paste (2¼ oz.)
- 2 tbsp. plain full-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp. light soy sauce
- 2 tsp. honey
- 2 tsp. toasted sesame oil
- 1 tsp. rice vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- In a bowl, stir together the sesame paste, yogurt, soy sauce, honey, sesame oil, rice vinegar, and garlic. Whisk in 1 tablespoon of cool water, then add more as needed until you have a smooth, slightly runny sauce. Transfer to an airtight container and refrigerate until ready to use. (The sauce will keep for 5 days; serve cold or at room temperature, thinned with additional water if necessary.)
These chewy bars are packed with nutty flavor and studded with dried fruit.