Matchstick ribbons of zucchini and carrot mingle with grassy, fresh herbs, and roasted peanuts in this salad inspired by the flavors of Thailand. A pungent, savory, tart dressing brings the dish together.
Featured in: The Dinner Party: A No-Cook Summer Menu
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tbsp. fish sauce
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 tsp. packed light brown sugar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 red Thai chile, minced
- 3 large zucchini, julienned
- 1 large carrot, julienned
- 1⁄4 cup packed cilantro leaves
- 1⁄4 cup packed mint leaves
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted, dry roasted peanuts, coarsely chopped
In a large bowl, whisk the lime juice with the fish sauce, oil, sugar, garlic, and chile. Add the zucchini, carrot, cilantro, mint, and peanuts, and toss to combine. Transfer the salad to a bowl to serve.