In this fizz-spritz hybrid from bartender Marlowe Johnson of Detroit’s Candy Bar, herbaceous gin is combined with homemade strawberry cordial, creamy coconut milk, and fresh lime juice, then topped with prosecco. The result? A frothy, candy-pink cocktail you’ll want to make all summer long.
For the strawberry cordial:
- 8 oz. hulled fresh strawberries, quartered (1 cup)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
For the cocktail:
- 2 oz. (¼ cup) gin
- 1 oz. (2 Tbsp.) coconut milk
- ¾ oz. (1 Tbsp. plus 1½ tsp.) fresh lime juice
- 3 oz. (¼ cup plus 1 Tbsp.) prosecco
- 1 thin lime wheel or strawberry, for garnish
- Make the strawberry cordial: In a blender, add the strawberries, sugar, and lemon juice; purée until completely smooth. In a fine-mesh strainer set over a liquid-measuring cup, strain the cordial, discarding the seeds and any solids. Use immediately, or refrigerate, covered, for up to 1 week.
- Make the cocktail: In a cocktail shaker filled with ice, combine the gin, coconut milk, lime juice, and 1 ounce (2 tablespoons) strawberry cordial (reserve remaining for another use). Shake vigorously, then strain into a Collins glass filled with fresh ice. Slowly pour in the prosecco (a frothy white layer will form at the top). Garnish with a lime wheel or strawberry. Serve immediately.