Tahini’s nutty, luxurious properties don’t stop at hummus. Keep the sesame paste flowing with this vibrant, creamy carrot purée.
Featured in: Lunch at the Desert’s Edge
Tahini's nutty, luxurious properties don't stop at hummus. Keep the sesame paste flowing with this vibrant, creamy carrot purée.
Yield: makes 2 1/2 cups
Time: 20 minutes
- 1 lb. carrots, peeled and halved crosswise
- 1⁄2 cup tahini
- 3 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 ice cubes
- Extra-virgin olive oil, to garnish
- 1 tbsp. toasted, chopped walnuts, to garnish
- 1 tbsp. pomegranate seeds, to garnish
- Aish baladi or pita, for serving
- Bring a medium saucepan of water to a boil. Add carrots and cook until tender, about 10 minutes. Drain and transfer the carrots to a blender along with tahini, lemon juice, garlic, and ice. Season with salt and pepper and purée until smooth. Spoon into a bowl and garnish with a drizzle of olive oil, walnuts, and pomegranate seeds.