Although we were served this as an appetizer, it also makes a perfect, formal addition to a zakuski spread, the array of traditional hot and cold hors d'oeuvres that kicks off a Russian feast. Be sure to serve the boiled beef with cornichons, pickled cherry tomatoes, and parsley leaves.
- 1 (1-lb.) piece beef chuck roast (or reserved beef bottom round left over from Borscht recipe)
- 1 cup Chicken Stock (or stock reserved from making borscht)
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 tbsp. prepared grated white horseradish
- 1⁄2 cup chopped dill pickle, about 3 oz.
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Parsley leaves for garnish