This extra-rich version of fettuccine Alfredo is impossible to resist. Boiling the pasta until it’s just al dente allows it to soak up plenty of the creamy sauce.
Yield: serves 4-6
- 4 cups heavy cream
- Kosher salt, to taste
- 1 lb. dried fettuccine
- 1 1⁄2 cups finely grated parmesan, plus more for serving
- 3 tbsp. unsalted butter
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Finely chopped parsley, for serving
- Bring cream to a boil in a 14″ high-sided skillet over medium-high heat; reduce heat to medium, and cook, stirring occasionally, until reduced by half, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add pasta, and cook until al dente, about 8 minutes. Drain and immediately add to saucepan of reduced cream; add cheese, butter, and salt and pepper, and toss to combine. Garnish with additional cheese and parsley, if desired.