This extra-rich version of fettuccine Alfredo is impossible to resist. Boiling the pasta until it’s just al dente allows it to soak up plenty of the creamy sauce.
Boiling the pasta until it's just al dente allows this extra-rich version of fettuccine Alfredo to soak up plenty of the creamy sauce.
Yield: serves 4-6
- 4 cups heavy cream
- Kosher salt, to taste
- 1 lb. dried fettuccine
- 1 1⁄2 cups finely grated parmesan, plus more for serving
- 3 tbsp. unsalted butter
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Finely chopped parsley, for serving
- Bring cream to a boil in a 14″ high-sided skillet over medium-high heat; reduce heat to medium, and cook, stirring occasionally, until reduced by half, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add pasta, and cook until al dente, about 8 minutes. Drain and immediately add to saucepan of reduced cream; add cheese, butter, and salt and pepper, and toss to combine. Garnish with additional cheese and parsley, if desired.