Ed Koch's Broiled Swordfish with Olives
Former New York City mayor Ed Koch cooks for himself at least two nights a week. This is one of his favorite main courses.
Yield: serves one
- 1 (1-inch-thick) swordfish steak (about 1 lb.)
- 2 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 large pitted green olives (such as cerignola)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Arrange an oven rack 4" from the broiler element and heat the broiler. Place swordfish in a small oval heatproof casserole dish. Rub oil all over the fish and season both sides to taste with salt and pepper. Arrange olives around the swordfish. Place the dish under the broiler and broil until the swordfish is lightly browned and just cooked through and the olives have become a burnished brown, 8–10 minutes. Using a spatula, transfer the swordfish and olives to a plate. Enjoy with a glass of chilled grape juice, if you like.