Salad of Cold Spaghetti with Caviar
A simple, cold spaghetti dish ennobled by Sevruga caviar.
Yield: serves 4
- 1⁄2 lb. spaghetti
- 3 Tbsp. fruity extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tsp. fresh chives, minced
- 1⁄4 - 1⁄2 oz. caviar
- 1⁄2 tsp. shallots, peeled and chopped
- Cook spaghettini in a large pot of boiling salted water over high heat until just tender, 8-10 minutes. Drain pasta in a colander, rinse under cold running water until cool, then drain well and transfer to a large bowl. Toss pasta with extra-virgin olive oil. Season to taste with salt and black pepper; toss well again.
- Divide pasta between 4 wide bowls. Top each serving with chives, then caviar and then shallots.