Lillian Boga's Harvey Wallbanger Bundt Cake
This recipe comes from a friend of author Kelly Alexander. She decorated every party table with one of these cakes.
Yield: serves 8-12
FOR THE CAKE:
- 2 tsp. butter
- 2 tbsp. flour
- 1 box yellow cake mix (about 4 1/2 cups mix)
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup Galliano liqueur
- 1⁄4 cup vodka
- 1 (3.4-oz.) packet instant vanilla pudding mix
- 3⁄4 cup orange juice
FOR THE GLAZE:
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 1 tbsp. orange juice
- 1 tbsp. Galliano liqueur
- 1 tsp. vodka
- For the cake: Preheat oven to 350(. Grease a 10-cup bundt pan with butter, dust with flour, shake out excess flour, and set aside. Put cake mix, oil, eggs, Galliano, vodka, pudding mix, and orange juice into a large mixing bowl and beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until well combined. Pour batter into prepared pan and bake until cake is golden brown and a wooden skewer inserted into center of cake comes out clean, 45-50 minutes.
- Let cake cool on a cooling rack for 10 minutes, then invert onto a serving platte.
- For the glaze: Put confectioners' sugar, orange juice, liqueur, and vodka into a small bowl and stir until well combined.
- Drizzle glaze over still-warm cake. Let cake cool completely, then transfer to a cake plate.