Mussels in White Wine
Serve these garlicky mussels with crusty bread.
Yield: serves 6
- 1 cup white wine
- 1⁄3 cup roughly chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1⁄2 tsp. fresh thyme leaves
- 3 shallots, roughly chopped
- 2 cloves shallots, roughly chopped
- 3 lb. mussels, scrubbed and debearded
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp. finely chopped fresh basil leaves
- Crusty bread, for serving
- Bring wine, parsley, thyme, shallots, and garlic to a boil in a 6-qt. pot. Add mussels; season with salt and pepper. Cover and steam mussels until they open, 3–4 minutes. Spoon cooking liquid over mussels, sprinkle with basil, and serve with bread.