This recipe hails from Gilhooley's in San Leon, Texas. If you have oysters on hand for holiday appetizers, try grilling or broiling them with garlic, parmesan, and Tabasco.
Yield: makes 12 Oysters
- 8 tbsp. unsalted butter, softened
- 1 tbsp. worcestershire
- 1 tbsp. finely chopped garlic
- 1 1⁄2 tsp. Tabasco
- 12 oysters, shucked, on half shell
- 12 small shrimp, cooked and peeled
- 1⁄3 cup finely grated parmesan
- Lemon slices, for serving
- Heat oven to broil; place a rack 3" from heating element. In a food processor, pulse butter, worcestershire, garlic, and Tabasco until smooth.
- Arrange oysters on a foil-lined baking sheet. Top each oyster with a shrimp and some of the butter mixture; sprinkle with parmesan. Broil until oysters just curl, about 5 minutes. Serve with lemon slices.