This is a wonderful way to serve fresh porcini mushrooms.
- 8 large porcini mushrooms, wiped clean
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 4 oz. finely chopped boiled ham
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 oz. taleggio, rind removed, finely chopped
- 12 leaves fresh basil, minced
- 4 tsp. grated parmigiano-reggiano
Preheat oven to 375º. Separate mushroom caps from stems. Finely chop stems. Steam caps for about 3 minutes in a steamer basket set over boiling water over medium heat. Transfer caps to a baking pan.
Heat oil in a sauté pan over medium heat. Add mushroom stems, garlic, parsley, and ham. Season to taste with salt and pepper and cook, stirring, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and add taleggio and basil to mixture. Mix well. Fill mushroom caps with cheese mixture and sprinkle with parmigiano-reggiano. Bake until cheese melts and mushrooms soften, about 15 minutes. Garnish with chopped basil if you like.