This sauce pairs nicely with Nahon’s earthy Buckwheat Crepes.
Yield: serves 8
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 36 scallops
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 1⁄2 cups muscadet
- 2 cups fish stock
- 3⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1 1⁄2 Tbsp. cornstarch
- Melt 1 tbsp. of the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season 12 of the scallops with salt and pepper to taste. Cook scallops in skillet until golden brown on both sides, 5–6 minutes; transfer to plate.
- Add 2 cups of the muscadet and stock to skillet; cook until thickened and reduced, 20 minutes. Pour liquid into a blender; purée with scallops and heavy cream.
- Whisk together remaining 1⁄2 cup of the muscadet and cornstarch in skillet, removed from heat. Add scallop purée; cook over medium heat, whisking constantly, until thickened, 4–5 minutes. Keep warm.
- Melt remaining 1 tbsp. of the butter in another large skillet over medium-high heat. Working in batches, cook remaining 24 scallops halved crosswise until golden brown on both sides, 5–6 minutes. Scatter the scallops over crêpes; top with cream sauce.