This sauce pairs nicely with Nahon’s earthy Buckwheat Crepes.
Scallops in White Wine Cream Sauce (Sauce Noix de Saint Jacques)
This sauce for these scallops pairs nicely with earthy buckwheat crepes.
Yield: serves 8
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 36 scallops
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 1⁄2 cups muscadet
- 2 cups fish stock
- 3⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1 1⁄2 Tbsp. cornstarch
- Melt 1 tbsp. of the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season 12 of the scallops with salt and pepper to taste. Cook scallops in skillet until golden brown on both sides, 5–6 minutes; transfer to plate.
- Add 2 cups of the muscadet and stock to skillet; cook until thickened and reduced, 20 minutes. Pour liquid into a blender; purée with scallops and heavy cream.
- Whisk together remaining 1⁄2 cup of the muscadet and cornstarch in skillet, removed from heat. Add scallop purée; cook over medium heat, whisking constantly, until thickened, 4–5 minutes. Keep warm.
- Melt remaining 1 tbsp. of the butter in another large skillet over medium-high heat. Working in batches, cook remaining 24 scallops halved crosswise until golden brown on both sides, 5–6 minutes. Scatter the scallops over crêpes; top with cream sauce.