Capitalize on the glories that winter has to offer: bright citrus, hardy vegetables, and the perfect weather for drinking plenty of punch. This menu centers around a juniper-crusted venison roast—accompanied by a sweet-spicy mostarda—with a well-balanced cast of sides.
- Sherry Season Punch
- Shredded Brussels Sprouts and Kale Salad
- Juniper-Berry Crusted Rack of Venison with Mostarda
- Wild Rice with Dried Cherries
- Temple-Orange Tart
More About This Menu
- The walnut syrup for the punch will hold in the refrigerator up to two weeks. Make it ahead of time for easy preparation the day of.
- You can shred the Brussels sprouts and kale up to two hours before serving; just be sure to keep them refrigerated and tightly covered.
- Although navel oranges are a fine substitute, the floral notes of temples will give the tart a beautiful, subtle fragrance.
- Make the tart ahead of time, and then sprinkle with sugar and set it aflame just before serving: It’s quite the spectacle.