A Traditional Passover Seder
- Aunt Gillie’s Matzo Ball Soup
- Cooked and Raw Vegetable Salad
- Apricot and Currant Chicken
- Potatoes Roasted with Saffron
- Skillet Asparagus
More About This Menu
- Quartering a whole chicken—which you’ll need to do for the Apricot and Currant Chicken—is simple. Learn how in the gallery »
- Part of what makes Aunt Gillie’s Matzo Ball Soup so delicious is the veggie-laden broth, which can be made a day ahead and refrigerated.
- The only trick to the Cooked and Raw Vegetable Salad is creating contrasting flavors and textures. Feel free to experiment with whatever vegetables are available in your area.
- To learn more about Passover and the traditional feast, read Julie Wilson and Cynthia Psarakis’s article, A Story of Food and Freedom.