Menu: A Homemade Diner Breakfast
- Chicken Hash with Roasted Potatoes and Poached Eggs
- Billionaire’s Bacon
- Blueberry Pancakes
- Toast with Raspberry Freezer Jam
- Fresh Fruit
- Bloody Marys
More About This Menu
- Keep pancakes hot after cooking by placing them on a baking sheet, covered with a clean towel, in a barely warm oven (preheat it to 200°, then turn it off). For more sweet breakfast options, see our gallery of pancakes, waffles, and french toast recipes.
- You can use fresh or frozen berries of any kind in the pancakes; to keep the frozen variety from staining the batter, toss them in a bit of flour or cornstarch before adding them to the mix.
- Once thawed, the freezer jam can be stored up to four weeks in the fridge.
- Scale up the bloody marys and make a pitcher’s worth ahead of time; simply add vodka as you serve them.
- For more diner fare inspiration, see a round-up of SAVEUR staffers’ favorite diner breakfasts, plus a collection of classic diner recipes.