- Creamy garlic soup may be rich as a first course, but it's perfectly light when served as the main course. The recipe calls for 16 garlic cloves; to make prep a snap, see our video for how to peel a head of garlic in less than 10 seconds.
- The panzanella calls for cubes of toasted ciabatta, but it's a great way to use whatever leftover bread you have on hand—sourdough or French bread would also be great options.
- The granita takes about 3 hours to completely freeze and needs to be stirred every 30 minutes for the most even consistency. Set a recurring timer so you don't return to a frozen block of wine and apple juice!
- If the Cherry Maple Leaf isn't your style, we've got a number of other great seasonal sips. Check out our fall cocktail collection »
- Get more ideas for light entreés in cooler months from our collection of savory fall salads and simple vegetable soups.