Almond Sticks with Cocoa Nibs
Cocoa nibs add crunch and a subtly bitter note to these biscotti-like almond cookies.
Yield: makes 18 cookie sticks
- 1 cup plus 2 tbsp. flour
- 3⁄4 cup whole blanched almonds
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 tsp. kosher salt
- 6 tbsp. unsalted butter, cubed
- 1⁄4 cup roasted cocoa nibs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1⁄8 tsp. almond extract
- Pulse flour, almonds, sugar, and salt in a food processor until smooth. Add butter; pulse until pea-size crumbles form. Add cocoa nibs, extracts and 2 tbsp. cold water; pulse until a crumbly dough forms. Form dough into a 6” x 9” rectangle, about 1⁄2” thick and wrap in plastic wrap; chill 2 hours or up to overnight.
- Heat oven to 350°. Unwrap dough and slice crosswise into 1⁄2”-thick sticks; transfer to parchment paper-lined baking sheets, spaced 1” apart. Bake until cookies are golden around the edges, 20 minutes. Let cookies cool completely before serving.