At Le Grain de Sel in Marseille, squid and artichokes are sautéed in the paprika-laced drippings of chorizo. This recipe first appeared in our March 2014 issue with the story City by the Sea.
- 5 tbsp. olive oil
- 4 oz. cured Spanish chorizo, peeled and thinly sliced
- 4 whole calamari, cleaned, tentacles reserved
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 cups artichoke hearts, defrosted frozen quarters or whole canned, drained and halved
- 1 orange, zested, supremed, and cut into 1/4" pieces
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced