Ocean Bleu @ Gino’s in Newport, Oregon, uses Dungeness crab for this indulgent cheese dip, but snow or jumbo lump crabmeat works just as well. This recipe first appeared in our April 2014 issue with Jane and Michael Stern’s story From Western Waters.
- Unsalted butter, for greasing
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream
- 1 cup grated parmesan
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (8-oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 lb. cooked Dungeness crabmeat, finely shredded
- 8 oz. raw medium shrimp, peeled, deveined, and roughly chopped
- 1⁄4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 2 tsp. minced parsley
- Sliced baguette, toasted
- Heat oven to 350°. Grease eight 6-oz. ramekins or an 8″ square baking dish with butter. Stir sour cream, parmesan, half the Monterey Jack, the garlic, cream cheese, salt, and pepper in a bowl; fold in crab and shrimp. Divide between prepared ramekins; sprinkle with remaining Monterey Jack, the panko, and paprika; bake until browned and bubbly, 20–25 minutes. Garnish with parsley; serve with baguette.