Coated with a sour cream-based glaze and baked in the oven, pecans become a toasty, sweet snack. This recipe first appeared in our November 2013 issue along with Wendell Brock's story Southern Belle.
Yield: makes 2 cups
- <sup>3</sup>⁄<sub>4</sub> cup sugar
- <sup>1</sup>⁄<sub>4</sub> cup sour cream
- 2 cups pecan halves, lightly toasted
- <sup>3</sup>⁄<sub>4</sub> tsp. vanilla extract
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside. Whisk sugar and sour cream in a 4-qt. saucepan until smooth; bring to a boil. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture is bubbling and thick, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in pecan halves and vanilla extract until well coated. Spread on prepared baking sheet; let cool completely. Break into bite-size pieces before serving.
MORE TO READ
Don’t Fear the Dinner Party: Toasting Romy Gill’s Cookbook from Home
Recipes, Tricks, and Tips for Hosting a Himalayan-Inspired Vegetarian Feast.
Watermelon Gin Punch with Himalayan Salt
Elegant black tea and botanical flavors round out this pretty party punch.