This basil-laced frittata, adapted from a recipe by English food writer and critic Tamasin Day-Lewis, makes a satisfying breakfast or lunch. For more ways to start your morning, check out all of our breakfast recipes.
Featured in: "Picnic by the Sea."
- 1 lb. medium Yukon Gold potatoes
- 1⁄4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 3 tbsp. unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp. thinly sliced basil, divided
- 8 large eggs, beaten