Tangy, sweet peach jam balances the richness of these pan-fried spiced pork chops. This recipe first appeared in our March 2014 issue with the story A Change of Seasons.
- 8 bone-in pork chops, about 1″ thick (10 oz. each)
- 2 tbsp. garlic powder
- 2 tbsp. ground mustard
- 1 tbsp. smoked paprika
- 2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- Kosher salt, to taste
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- Peach jam, for serving (optional)
- Place pork chops in a 9″ × 13″ baking dish. Mix garlic powder, ground mustard, paprika, pepper, and salt in a bowl; rub over pork chops. Cover with plastic wrap; let sit at room temperature up to 1 hour or chill overnight.
- Heat 3 tbsp. oil in a 12″ cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Working in batches and adding more oil as needed, cook pork chops, flipping once, until browned and cooked through, about 10 minutes. Transfer to a serving platter; serve with peach jam, if you like.