Cucumber and Corn Salad with Pomegranate and Poppy Seeds
Toasty sesame oil adds richness to this salad of buttery sautéed corn, bright pomegranate seeds, and crispy cucumber.
Yield: serves 4-6
Time: 10 minutes
- 1 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn kernels
- 3 tbsp. rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1⁄2 tsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. toasted sesame oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 kirby cucumbers (about 1 lb.), thinly sliced crosswise
- 1⁄4 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1 tbsp. poppy seeds
- In a 10-inch skillet, heat the butter over medium-high. Add the corn and cook, stirring, until tender, about 3 minutes. Scrape the corn into a large bowl and let cool completely.
- In a small bowl, whisk the rice vinegar with the olive oil, sugar, and sesame oil, and season with salt and pepper. Add the cucumbers to the corn along with the pomegranate and poppy seeds, and then add the dressing and toss to combine.