Similar to raita, this Iranian sauce differs with the addition of minced fresh yellow onion; make a day ahead to allow the flavors to really marry before serving.
Featured in: Chasing the Perfect Persian Rice
- 4 cups plain, full-fat yogurt
- 1 English cucumber, grated
- 1 small yellow onion, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, mashed into a paste
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Mix yogurt, cucumber, onion, garlic, salt, and pepper in a bowl; cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving.