Everything’s Coming Up Rosé
Natasha David, head bartender of New York City’s Nitecap, grew up in Germany, where everything from wine to apple juice got gespritzt. Her bright fuchsia aperitivo mixes tannic hibiscus tea, sweet Lillet Rosé, and dry rosé with a hit of prosecco. This recipe first appeared in our June/July 2015 issue with Talia Baiocchi and Leslie Pariseau’s story On The Spritz.
- 1 1⁄2 cups dry rosé wine
- 3⁄4 cup brewed hibiscus tea, chilled
- 3⁄4 cup Lillet Rosé
- 1⁄3 cup plus 1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice, plus wheels for garnish
- 1⁄3 cup plus 1 tbsp. simple syrup
- 3 tbsp. Aperol
- Sparkling wine, for serving
- Edible flowers, for garnish
- Grapefruit slices, for garnish
- Combine wine, tea, Lillet, lemon juice, simple syrup, and Aperol in a pitcher. Divide between 4–6 ice-filled glasses and top each with 1–2 oz. sparkling wine. Garnish with lemon wheels, edible flowers, and grapefruit slices.