Trinidadian Green Seasoning
This savory herb-laced salsa from Trinidad and Tobago is used to marinate meat and seafood or to flavor any number of spicy, hearty stews.
Yield: makes about 2 cups
Time: 15 minutes
- <sup>1</sup>⁄<sub>2</sub> cup finely chopped culantro or cilantro
- <sup>1</sup>⁄<sub>2</sub> cup finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- <sup>1</sup>⁄<sub>4</sub> cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tbsp. water
- 1 tbsp. finely chopped thyme
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- <sup>1</sup>⁄<sub>2</sub> small white onion, finely chopped
- <sup>1</sup>⁄<sub>4</sub> red bell pepper, finely chopped
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a large bowl, mix all the ingredients together with 2 tablespoons water and season with salt and pepper. Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
MORE TO READ
Our Best Pumpkin Recipes Celebrate the Flavor of Fall
Think outside the pie this autumn with these craveable cooking ideas from around the globe.
Don’t Fear the Dinner Party: Toasting Romy Gill’s Cookbook from Home
Recipes, tricks, and tips for hosting a Himalayan-inspired vegetarian feast.