Trinidadian Green Seasoning
This savory herb-laced salsa from Trinidad and Tobago is used to marinate meat and seafood or to flavor any number of spicy, hearty stews.
An earthy, fresh, easy-to-make salsa from Trinidad and Tobago that can go on anything.
Yield: makes about 2 cups
Time: 15 minutes
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped culantro or cilantro
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tbsp. water
- 1 tbsp. finely chopped thyme
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 small white onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a large bowl, mix all the ingredients together with 2 tablespoons water and season with salt and pepper. Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.