Hawaiian Chile Pepper Water with Garlic and Vinegar
It’s amazing how much flavor garlic, tiny hot chiles, and a splash of vinegar adds to plain old water in this classic Hawaiian condiment. Drizzle atop hearty meat dishes or sip alongside to cut the richness.
What You Will Need
- 2 Tbsp. white distilled vinegar
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 4 chopped Hawaiian or Thai chiles
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp. Hawaiian salt or coarse sea salt
- Place 2 tablespoons white distilled vinegar, 2 crushed garlic cloves, and 4 chopped Hawaiian or Thai chiles—or more to taste—in a sterilized bottle or jar.
- In a small pot, bring 1 cup water and 1 teaspoon Hawaiian salt or coarse sea salt to a quick boil. Pour the boiling water over the rest of the ingredients, and let cool to room temperature. Cover and refrigerate for 24 hours before consuming. Keeps indefinitely.