Loaded with warm spices—allspice, ginger, cloves, and cinnamon—sweetened with honey, and packed with hazelnuts, these cookies make a holiday worthy dessert all on their own; or make a wonderfully crisp accompaniment to ice cream.
Featured in: 5 Buttery, Spicy Danish Christmas Cookies
- 12 tbsp. unsalted butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup packed (4 oz.) muscovado sugar
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 1 1⁄2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground allspice
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground cloves
- 2 cups (9 oz.) all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped hazelnuts
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- Heat the oven to 375°. Using a hand mixer on medium speed, beat together butter, sugar, honey, and spices until fluffy. Add flour, hazelnuts, and salt; beat on low speed until just combined. Scrape the dough onto a floured work surface, flatten until 1⁄4 inch thick, and cut out cookies using a 2-inch-round cutter. Transfer the rounds to baking sheets and bake until golden on the bottom, about 8 minutes.