Summer Lobster Tacos
With summer quickly approaching its end, I find myself, as usual, disappointed with how quickly it seems to have flown by. However, I’ve made a lot of great memories over the past few months, and as I’ve been reminiscing, I’ve realized that a lot of my fondest food memories center on one dish in particular: tacos. I think this partly due to the taco road trip story we published back in May, which kicked off my Summer of Tacos, but I also blame my recent move to Bushwick in Brooklyn. I’ve discovered that my new neighborhood has some seriously amazing taco trucks and restaurants, and I find myself frequenting them more often than I’d like to admit (see my Instagram for proof). So, as the kids head back to school and temperatures start to dip at night, signaling the onset of fall, I decided that my ode to summer recipe had to be tacos. Here, I mix fresh lobster with sweet mango, refreshing cucumber, and creamy avocado with a hint of lime, topped with bright cilantro—it’s the ultimate summer taco. And in the spirit of the season, eat these outside with ice cold beers.
- 2 (1 1⁄2-lb.) Maine lobsters, cooked and chopped
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted, and diced
- 1 mango, peeled and diced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 small cucumber, diced
- Zest and juice of 1 lime, plus wedges for serving
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Corn tortillas, warmed, for serving
- Cilantro leaves, for serving
- Combine lobster, avocado, mango, shallot, cucumber, lime zest and juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper in a bowl; toss gently to combine. Spoon into tortillas and top with cilantro; serve with lime wedges on the side.