Grand Marnier Strawberry Sundaes
When your farmstand rubies start to soften, dip them in citrus liquer and sugar.
Very little needs to be done with summer fruit to make it extraordinary, but as your farmstand strawberries start to soften, a quick dip in citrus liqueur and sugar is a perfect second act. Boozy, macerated berries top vanilla ice cream in this simple sundae from Anna Watson Carl of The Yellow Table blog.
- 1 lb. fresh strawberries, hulled and quartered
- ¼ cups fresh orange juice
- ¼ cups Grand Marnier
- ¼ cups turbinado sugar
- 2 tsp. finely grated orange zest
- Vanilla ice cream, for serving
- In a large bowl, stir together the strawberries, orange juice, Grand Marnier, sugar, and orange zest. Set aside to rest at room temperature for 1 hour. Serve with vanilla ice cream.
‘Tis the season for shortcake, spritzes, and sorbet—and for berry-filled savory snacks, too.