Salmon, Scallion, and Enoki Mushroom Foil Yaki
Your new favorite way to cook salmon: with Asian sauces, scallions, and enoki mushrooms, all wrapped up in a foil pouch.
Yield: serves 1 to 2
Time: 45 minutes
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. mirin
- 1 tbsp. sake
- 8 oz. salmon, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 oz. enoki mushrooms (1/4 cup)
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced (white and green parts separated)
- 1 tbsp. unsalted butter
- Lemon wedges, for serving
- Heat the oven to 450°. Fold a 24-by-12-inch piece of foil in half to make a 12-inch square. Using a small bowl, shape the foil to make a pouch. In a medium bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, mirin, and sake until smooth. Add the salmon, mushrooms, scallion whites, and butter, and toss to combine. Transfer salmon mixture to the foil pouch. Fold the edges of the foil to close completely and twist at the top to seal. The foil should be tightly packed, resembling a Jiffy Pop. Place on a baking sheet and bake 30 minutes. Open the packet and serve immediately with lemon wedges.