The way to win over Brussels sprout haters? These crispy sprouts from Sara Gore, co-host of NBC’s New York Live. Quick-fry the brassicas, then dress them in a sweet-and-sour sauce of honey and balsamic. Fried shallots, walnuts, and Parmigiano-Reggiano bring texture and flavor, and a dose of lemon zest ties it all together.
Featured in: "A Brussels Sprout Dish for the Haters."
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 4 small shallots, thinly sliced crosswise into rings
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 1 lb. Brussels sprouts, trimmed and quartered
- 1 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1⁄4 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄4 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts, toasted and roughly chopped
- Finely grated zest of 1/2 lemon