These holiday favorites benefit from a spicy, sage-heavy bulk pork sausage. Make more than you think you need; they go fast.
Featured in: Go Eat Latkes in Your Pajamas
- 1 lb. pork sausage
- 1 lb. extra-sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp. minced sage
- 1 1⁄2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1⁄4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄8 tsp. cayenne
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- Heat the oven to 375°. In a large bowl, mix sausage, cheese, flour, sage, salt, pepper, cayenne, and egg. Form the meat into 2-inch balls. Arrange the balls 2 inches apart on parchment paper-lined baking sheets and bake until golden brown, about 30 minutes. Transfer balls to a platter and serve warm.