This buttery, vanilla-bean flecked cookie batter is scraped into a piping bag and can be formed into wreaths, bows, or any shape your holiday heart desires.
Featured in: 5 Buttery, Spicy Danish Christmas Cookies
- 8 tbsp. unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup (7 oz.) sugar
- 1⁄2 vanilla bean, seeds scraped
- 2 cups (9 oz.) all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup whole milk, at room temperature
- 1⁄2 tsp. kosher salt
- Heat the oven to 350°. Using a hand mixer on medium speed, beat together the butter, sugar, and vanilla seeds until fluffy. Add flour, milk, and salt; beat on low speed until just combined. Scrape the dough into a cloth piping bag fitted with a 1⁄2-inch star tip and pipe 2 1⁄2-inch pretzel shapes onto baking sheets. Bake until lightly golden on the bottom, about 16 minutes.