Head-on shrimp, quickly stir-fried with garlic, are sweet, spicy and succulent. Serve over rice for an easy weeknight dinner.
Featured in: A Hawaiian Family Meal
Yield: serves 4
Time: 15 minutes
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 lb. head- and tail-on large shrimp
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 6 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Lemon wedges, for serving
- In a large wok or cast-iron skillet, heat vegetable oil over high for 5 minutes. Add shrimp, season generously with kosher salt and pepper, and cook, tossing occasionally, until cooked through, 4 to 6 minutes. Add 6 finely chopped garlic cloves and cook, tossing with the shrimp, until lightly browned and the shrimp are done, 1 minute more. Transfer to a platter and serve with lemon wedges.