Platters of this unexpectedly elegant dish seem to go out to almost every table at Rao's.
- 2 cups fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- 1⁄2 tsp. dried oregano
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 (2 1/2-lb.) chickens with legs, thighs, and wings separated and breasts quartered on the bone
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
Place oven rack in the upper third of the oven, and preheat broiler for at least 15 minutes.
Whisk together lemon juice, oil, vinegar, garlic, and oregano in a large bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Set aside.
Place chicken, skin side down, on a baking sheet and broil for 15 minutes. Turn chicken skin side up and broil until skin is crisp and golden and juices run clear, about 15 minutes more.
Remove chicken from broiler and toss in lemon mixture. Return chicken to broiler, skin side up, and broil for 3 minutes. Transfer chicken to a platter.