Shrimp Spaghetti (Spaghetti con Gamberi)
Chef Paul Bartolotta uses sweet langoustines for this simple, flavorful pasta dish.
Yield: serves 4
- 1⁄2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cups cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 tsp. crushed red chile flakes
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 lb. jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 1⁄2 cups dry white wine
- 10 oz. spaghetti
- 2 tbsp. finely chopped parsley
- 1 sheet yaki nori (roasted seaweed), cut in slivers; optional
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Heat 1⁄4 cup oil in a 12″ skillet over medium-high heat. Add tomatoes, chile flakes, and garlic; cook, stirring, until soft, about 6 minutes. Add wine; cook until reduced by half, about 6 minutes. Add shrimp; cook, turning once, until just pink, about 3 minutes. Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil; add spaghetti, and cook until al dente, about 7 minutes. Drain, reserving 1⁄4 cup cooking water, and add pasta to skillet along with cooking water, remaining oil, parsley, nori, and juice; cook, tossing, until sauce thickens, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.