In issue #133, Alexander Lobrano explores the bistros of Paris.
"I instantly understood the radiance of the crowd seated around me in the dining room at Allard. Here was the Paris I'd been longing for."
In this special section:
- Read the main article, Spirit of the Bistro
- Photo Gallery: The Best Bistros in Paris
- Beth Kracklauer on A Parisian Tradition
- The New Bistro: A second generation of modern bistro chefs
- Canard aux Olives (Roast Duck with Olives)
- Foie de Veau en Persillade avec Pommes de Terre (Calf's Liver with Parsley, Garlic, and Fried Potatoes)
- Joues de Boeuf Confites (Braised Beef Cheeks)
- Calfs Liver with Parsley, Garlic, and Fried Potatoes
- Paves du Mail (Pan-Fried Steaks with Mustard Cream Sauce)
- Poulet Roti (Roast Chicken)
- Tendron de Veau avec Artichauts (Braised Veal Breast with Artichokes)
- Turbot aux Beurre Blanc (Grilled Turbot with White Wine and Butter Sauce)