More About This Menu
- This cozy menu is inspired by chef Hugh Acheson, who cooks his favorite seasonal Southern recipes on Christmas day with his family. Read more about his holiday traditions in the story Down Home in Georgia »
- Chef Acheson favors delicate Hakurei turnips for the roasted turnip dish, but you can substitute any root vegetable with greens, such as beets or radishes.
- Start cooking the ham early since it requires about 5 hours in the oven; the glaze can be made up to a week beforehand.
- Reserve the carrot tops when you're preparing the carrots vichy, then chop and stir them in at the end of cooking for added flavor.
- Watch our video for perfect oyster-shucking technique »