Tahini and lemon accent the earthy, nutty quality of Jerusalem artichokes in this creamy appetizer. At Elaine Murphy's The Woollen Mills in Dublin, chef Ian Connolly serves it drizzled with aromatic paprika oil and pile of hot crisp baked sweet potato wedges for dipping.
Featured in: "10 Ingredients We're Obsessed With."
- 2 lb. sunchokes, scrubbed clean
- 1 1⁄2 tsp. coriander seeds
- 1 1⁄2 tsp. fennel seeds
- 2 tsp. sweet paprika
- 1⁄2 tsp. crushed red chile flakes
- 1⁄2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cups canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup tahini
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp. coarsely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Roasted sweet potato wedges or pita for serving