This simple potato and cheese omelette, from The Good Cook: Eggs & Cheese, was shared with us by Tim Mazurek to accompany his “Back of the Bookshelf” column. It’s perfect for brunch, and also—accompanied with a glass of wine and a green salad—makes a satisfying, affordable dinner.
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and grated (about 1 ¼ cups)
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2 Tbsp. finely shredded gruyère cheese
- 1 Tbsp. finely chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter