A pinch of flaky sea salt enhances the sweet, savory, and bitter notes in this sophisticated spritz from RPM Chicago, made with Italian bergamot liqueur, gin, and lime juice in addition to the usual prosecco. The perfectly balanced drink just might inspire you to punctuate more of your cocktails with a hit of saline this summer.
- ½ oz. (1 Tbsp.) fresh lime juice, plus a lime twist for garnish
- ¼ oz. (1½ tsp.) simple syrup
- ¾ oz. (1 Tbsp. plus 1 ½ tsp) Italicus Rosolio di Bergamotto
- 1 oz. (2 Tbsp.) peppery gin, such as Monkey 47
- A small pinch of flaky sea salt
- 3 oz. (¼ cup plus 2 Tbsp.) prosecco
- In a cocktail shaker filled with ice, combine the lime juice, simple syrup, Italicus, gin, and sea salt. Shake well, then strain into a wine glass filled with fresh ice. Top with the prosecco and garnish with a lime twist.